Kati Schmidt is an entrepreneur, sharing economy pioneer, and blogger. She has worked in journalism, public affairs and government relations for 16 years. Kati joined Airbnb in 2011, initially as one of the company’s first overseas hires. She has worked on a variety of public policy campaigns in cities around the world and, after moving to Airbnb’s headquarters in San Francisco in 2015, managed strategic partnerships for the global public policy team. In 2016, Kati became the Senior Business Affairs Manager for Airbnb’s Trips team launching and scaling Airbnb’s new Experiences product. She recently left Airbnb after six and a half years to pursue her own business and is advising Wimbify, a global LGBTQ travel community based in Italy, and startups of the German government’s accelerator as a startup mentor.
Kati is passionate about immigration and relocation to Silicon Valley, women in Silicon Valley and female founders, the Sharing Economy, and gluten free food. She volunteers as San Francisco Director of Changemaker Chats and Job Seeker Coach for Upwardly Global. Kati resides in San Francisco, California.
Recent Speaking Engagements
- 2018 Social Media Week Hamburg:
- 2018 Guest Lecture at Stanford University: The Airbnb Case Study Shared by an Early Employee
- 2017 ARD: Living my dream – Deutsche in Kalifornien
- 2017 Upwardly Global: Career Integration and Professional Growth for Immigrants
- 2017 Startup Valley: Der Traum vom Silicon Valley
- 2016 Guest Lecture at San Francisco State University: High-Tech Marketing
- 2016 Mercedes-Benz.com: She’s Mercedes
- 2016 taff: Deutsche im Silicon Valley
- 2016 ESTO Conference in Boca Raton: Maximizing Opportunities in the Ever-Evolving Shared Economy Space
- 2016 Berkeley Haas School of Business & Aspen Institute: Partnering with Communities: Inclusive Innovation in the On-Demand Economy
- 2015 Abendschau: Berliner in Kalifornien
- 2015 Ontario Chamber of Commerce: The Sharing Economy: Implications for Ontario
- 2015 University of Portland: The Future of the Sharing Economy